JULY UPDATE~President Resigns
Last month ADAMS President, Mike Barnacoat resigned for personal and family reasons, this was an immense shock for all our Executive and members.
Several things have had to be cancelled or delayed immediately.
- Our Regional 2017 courses for Lighting and Makeup are delayed to September, 2018 and are to be held with the 2018 AGM and our 2018 Community Leadership Seminar for Regional Drama and Musical Societies is still progressing with many applications received.
- Our Vice President, Colin Gadd was prepared to Chair all sessions, but it was decided to delay our other Courses to September 2018.
- July eNewsletter "Magic Curtain" will come out later than planned, in the week of July 24th with full details of the changes and our new plans for our 2017-18.
Due to Mike's decision, apart from my visiting Canberra, Goulburn, Port Macquarie, Sydney and then back to Armidale, I have attempted to reassure executive, members, sponsors and others, that ADAMS will continue to encourage and engage with Drama and Musical groups in Australia, commencing in Regional NSW during the 2017-18 financial year, as originally planned.
- I will take over the Editorial role of "Magic Curtain", until the end of 2017, and
- will takeover the former President's role of working with new Course Presenters from late November, 2017.
In addition to his Vice President's role, Colin Gadd will chair all meetings until the end of 2017, as well as Acting President until the next AGM in September, 2018.
- Finance and sponsor responsibilites will be shared until the 2018 AGM.
- Nominations for President will be open during August, 2018, 30 days before the AGM to be held during September 2018 in Armidale.
Finally, we hope people in Newcastle, Coffs and Dorrigo will forgive our inability to visit until late August September,2017, due to these
new unforeseen challenges.We expect to see their representatives at our 2018 September Seminar.
Please see the 2017 Magic Curtain eNewsletter for more details.
Opportunity for you to participate~See Special Regional Arts Offer!
“In my own philanthropy and business endeavours, I have seen the critical role that the arts play in stimulating creativity and in developing vital communities....the arts have a crucial impact on our economy and are an important catalyst for learning, discovery, and achievement in our country.”
-Paul G. Allen, Co Founder, Microsoft.
2020 Regional Australia Showcase©
Regional Australia Showcase© (RAS) is coming in late 2020, more details will be under "Publications" and "Young at Heart" and on a new website during late November, 2017.
During September 2018, it is proposed to conduct a Seminar on Leadership in Community organisations with our 2018 AGM.
"sharing wisdom in our Community"
Ideally, Presidents and Secretaries from Drama and Musical Societies, initially in regional NSW, need to attend this 2018 September Seminar in Armidale.
More details on Publication page during November, 2017
ADaMS assists volunteers initially, in Regional Australia via existing Drama and Musical Societies (including Choirs) with their activities in practical and professional ways.
- Building Social Infrastructure, making a Social Impact!
The Association (ADaMS) is not accountable for any damage or loss sustained as a result of relying on the content placed on this website. The website provides links to other websites and please note that these links are provided solely for your convenience. You are required to follow the privacy policies of these websites when accessing information. ADaMS does not take any responsibility in regards to currency and accuracy of the content used by students from such external links. Course information provided on the website is subject to change, please call for confirmation and up to date information. RQuimbyLofdale.P. L. copyright 2015-16.
©All Rights are reserved 2016. The content provided on the website is solely for the purpose of information.